It's that time of year when everyone indulges in baked goodies! With pumpkin breads and spiced lattes and other holiday favorites like chocolates, our dogs are left out. These homemade cookies are dog-friendly and delicious, with a hint of fall
flare. Make some for your four legged family members and perhaps some extras to share with
other canine friends!
Pumpkin Peanut Butter Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat or barley flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Stir dry ingredients in medium bowl.
3. In separate bowl, whisk together eggs, pumpkin, and peanut butter. Beware of furry friends beginning to investigate the good smells!
4. Add egg mixture to flour mixture and knead thoroughly. Dough should be dry and stiff; add small amounts of water as needed to make it workable. (If dough is too sticky, add small amounts of flour.) Don’t be tempted to give your 4-legged kid a try at this point- dough is dangerous of dogs as it can expand in their stomachs!
5. Roll dough into half-inch thickness and cut into half-inch pieces, using knife or cookie cutters – dog bone shapes preferred!
6. Bake about 40 minutes, or until hard and dry.
Be sure to send us a photo of your dog enjoying their tasty treat!